Baltimore Rental Inspections
We are now offering a complete service. We will even file the registration with the city for you. All you need to do is call us.
Baltimore City Rental Inspections and Baltimore County Rental Inspections are required on all rental properties. There are many issues to be concerned with when getting your property registered. Our team is fully prepared to answer any and all your questions and we are even prepared to handle the entire process for you if you schedule is too hectic.
The key components are the following:
- Pass the rental inspection. Detailed inspection requirements are available on this website.
- Maintain you lead “Full Risk Reduction” Certificate as required by the Maryland Department of the Environment. (every time you change tenants, you must get new inspection).
- Post a Sanitation Guide in the dwelling.
- Pay the City of Baltimore $30.00 annually.
- Pay the MDE $30.00 annually.
Our team will provide you PDF copies via email of both your approved rental inspection and lead certificate that are ready to download on the city site once you have registered.
The city is not taking applications via mail or in person. The entire process has to be done online.
Your application can be found at: https://cels.baltimorehousing.org/Reg/Reg_Setup_01.aspx
Our goal is for you to pass the inspection the first time to avoid wasting time and effort.
We have an experienced staff to lead you through the process
The biggest problems we are seeing with rental properties are the following:
- Smoke and CO detectors that are missing or over 10 years old
- Outlets not being grounded or outlets close to water not being GFI protected in houses built or remodeled after 1971. Especially near washing machines and slop sinks. The city requires anything within 6 feet of a water source be GFCI protected.
- Windows that don’t open or can’t latch when closed.
- Improper interpretation of egress rules for basement bedrooms.
- Handrails missing on stair cases of more than 3 steps or 30 inches.
Our daily city inspection price for a row home is $150. County inspections are $125. FYI, Century Home Inspections inspection price includes no reinspection fee if you fail. Most inspectors are charging $50 for reinspections.
Here is the other additional bonus!!! If you pass the first time and we do not have to return, you get a $25 discount. Century Home Inspections will only charge $125 in the City and $100 in the County. Condo/Apt pricing is $100 for a fail and $80 for a pass.
We can help, if possible, with minor fixes…like smoke and CO detectors, as long as we are not profiting from the activity and time permits. Our inspectors have smokes and CO detectors in our vehicles that we buy on Amazon and charge you what we pay for them. The DHCD is fully aware of this and has approved this activity. It’s about being efficient.
We also offer discounts for multiple locations and quote those on a case by case basis. We have a clear understanding that this is an expense and want to do our best to save you time and money.
Additionally, we have experience with medium to large sized companies and can deploy a team to handle up to 40 inspections in one day in a single market area at substantial savings. Our larger clients include Bozzuto and Randyanna Management.
Century Home Inspections also offers discounts if you do a rental/lead paint combination inspection. We will cut your rental inspection visit price in half to $75 and charge $12 per swab rather than $15. Additionally, your rental inspection will be $125 for City and $100 for County pass or fail.
Finally, we offer full service to customers who are too busy to get the registration done. We will inspect and register you online for a nominal fee. Our administrators are dedicated and deadline driven with the needs of your business always in mind. Ask for details. For more information on all of our services click here.
414 Light Street
One Light Street
1305 Dock Street
Union Warf and many more